Preparing Your Construction Debris for Pickup
When you’re getting ready for a junk removal pickup, particularly with construction or remodeling debris, safety and compliance are crucial. Let’s demystify the process for you with this handy guide:
– Use Certified Labs: Consider using one of the accredited labs listed below for your testing needs:
Remember, not adhering to these guidelines can lead to additional fees and complications. We’re here to help, so don’t hesitate to ask questions or seek guidance. For a full list of accredited labs, [click here]
Analytical Testing Requirements
Ensure items contain 1% or less asbestos by weight.
Interior Walls & Ceilings:
- Acoustical tiles
- Glue dots
- Textured surfaces
- White paper/seam tape on ducts
- Air-duct cement and insulation
- Tar paper
- Silver/white roofing paint
- Nicolite paper
- Window glazing
- Cement siding
- Fire doors
- Fire/kiln brick
- Vinyl tiles
- Sheet vinyl
- Some mastic adhesives
- Wood stove (Automotive gaskets are exempt)
- Switch gear
- Circuit boxes and fuse panels
- Wiring with cloth insulation (Romex wiring is exempt)
Structures or RVs built in or after 2004 don’t need testing for the above materials.
Metro might request tests for other materials not mentioned above.
Please note: Flat/built-up roofing isn’t accepted, regardless of test results.