- Bought a new treadmill as a New Year’s resolution only to have it act more like a coat rack than a cardio machine; or
- Are trying to help clean out your parent’s house and stumbled upon their treadmill that’s older than you are
Whatever scenario played out for you, you’re currently stuck trying to get rid of a huge piece of workout equipment.
Our guide gives you all your answers on how to dispose of a treadmill.
Table of Contents
The Basics of Treadmill Removal
Curious about how to get rid of a treadmill the easy way?
Let Junk It help you with your old treadmill disposal and make the rest of your move-out or cleaning project as easy as can be.
Our professional junk removers can haul your treadmill away for you quickly and efficiently, whether it is:
- Too big for your new place; or
Preparing your treadmill for removal is simple; after scheduling your treadmill disposal with Junk It, simply:
- Make sure nothing is blocking access to the treadmill
- Log out of any personal accounts
- Be home for the arrival of our crew
- Let us do all the heavy lifting
5 FAQs About Treadmill Removal
#1: How Much Does Treadmill Disposal Cost?
With Junk It, pricing for treadmill disposal starts at just $130.
Our pricing is 100% transparent and based entirely on how much space your load takes up in our trucks. Click here for more information and a free quote.
#2: Can I Scrap a Treadmill?
If you’re willing to put in the time and effort, yes!
You’ll need to:
- Disassemble the treadmill.
- Collect all the scrap metal and recycle it at your local scrapyard.
- Cut up and repurpose your running belt (think of a doormat or utility room rug).
- Upcycle the running board.
- Recycle the monitor at an e-waste recycling location.
- Attempt to find a local plastic recycler who will accept the small plastic buttons from your old treadmill.
At Junk It, we can help you dispose of your old treadmill or assist you with your broken treadmill disposal, a lot easier. Contact us for more information.
#3: How Do I Dispose of Exercise Equipment?
Depending on the condition and age of your treadmill, a donation is always a great option.
However, it can be difficult to transport a treadmill.
When you let Junk It assist you with the disposal of your treadmill, we will either:
- Donate the treadmill (depending on the condition)
- Recycle the treadmill (depending on the condition); or
- Dispose of the treadmill in a landfill if recycling isn’t possible.
#4: Can You Donate My Treadmill to a Charity of My Choosing?
While we will try to honor your choice of charity, unfortunately, we can’t guarantee that your treadmill will be donated to a specific charity.
While we do work closely with a select few charities within the Portland area, not all charities accept large household or workout items or are located within our service area.
If the logistics align with the charity’s ability to receive such items and are in our serviceable area, we will certainly make our best effort to drop off your old treadmill at the charity of your choosing.
#5: What Information Do I Need to Know Before Booking My Treadmill Disposal?
To help your removal company be prepared to do the job efficiently, you’ll want to know:
- The weight of your treadmill; and
- What access is like in your home to the treadmill (ie. What floor is it on? Are there stairs? Is there easy parking access for the pick-up vehicle?)
Let Junk It Take Your Worries Away By Removing Your Old Treadmill for You
As a locally-owned Portland junk removal service, Junk-It offers:
- Fast and easy junk removal quotes
- Up-front pricing based on actual space used
- No contact removal options
- Flexible payment options
- Cash or credit payment methods; and
- Friendly, professional service every time
We are fully licensed and insured so you can rest assured knowing that your property is in good hands.
No job is too big or too small.
For more information, contact Junk-It for treadmill removal services in Portland and surrounding areas.