Do you need to get rid of an old lawn mower? Click here to find out the best way to do it.
Table of Contents
- Lawn Mower Removal: The Basics
- 5 FAQs about Lawn Mower Removal
- #1: Can I Scrap My Lawn Mower?
- #2: Is There Anything I Need to Do to Get My Lawn Mower Ready for Pickup?
- #3: I’m Wondering Where to Recycle My Lawn Mower: Can You Help?
- #4: How Much Does Lawn Mower Disposal Cost?
- #5: Do You Dispose of Any Other Appliances?
- Get Rid of Your Old Lawn Mower the Easy Way With Junk It Junk Removal
Lawn Mower Removal: The Basics
If you are wondering how to get rid of a lawn mower the easy way, we can help
Let Junk It help you with your old lawn mower disposal and give you much-needed space in your garage.
Our professional team of junk removers can haul your lawn mower away lickety-split. And all you’ll need to do is to:
- Be at home when our crew arrives
- Make sure nothing is blocking access to the lawn mower
- Empty all fluids; and
- Let us do all the heavy lifting
5 FAQs about Lawn Mower Removal
#1: Can I Scrap My Lawn Mower?
The short answer is yes.
The long answer is that in order to get the most out of scrapping your push lawn mower, you’ll need to:
- Empty the gas tank and drain the oil
- Remove the blade
- Pull the engine off the deck
- Use a wire brush to scrape grass and debris from the deck
- Let the air out of the tires
- Remove the seat and strip away all foam and plastic
- Cut or pull off all non-metal components, including:
- Rubber plugs
- Air filter; and
- Plastic engine housing
- Disassemble the rest of the mower
- Separate the various types of metals, plastics, and trash
- Pack it all up to take to the recycling facility
Riding mower engines are removed in pretty much the same way, but you’ve got a bigger engine and a lot more bolts.
At Junk It, we can assist you with lawn mower disposal, in just a fraction of the time it takes for you to scrap it. Contact us for more information.
#2: Is There Anything I Need to Do to Get My Lawn Mower Ready for Pickup?
Lawn mower disposal couldn’t be easier. All we ask is that you:
- Drain all fluids from the mower 24 hours before pickup; and
- Have your mower in a spot that is easily accessible by our team
#3: I’m Wondering Where to Recycle My Lawn Mower: Can You Help?
We sure can!
Lawn mower recycling, by either donating to a charity or selling in our warehouse, is something we do whenever possible.
Any lawn mowers that can’t be recycled or reused are disposed of in landfills.
#4: How Much Does Lawn Mower Disposal Cost?
Just give Junk It Junk Removal a call or fill out our online contact form, and we’ll get in touch with you right away to provide an estimate.
Our junk removal pricing is also available on our website.
For more complicated removals, we also offer free on-site estimates in Portland, Gresham, and Vancouver.
#5: Do You Dispose of Any Other Appliances?
Get Rid of Your Old Lawn Mower the Easy Way With Junk It Junk Removal
If you’ve been wondering about push or riding lawn mower removal, then wonder no more. Junk It Junk Removal in Portland has you covered.
We’re the junk removal pros.
Save time — and your back — and let us do the grunt work.
Call us for a free quote. We’re here for you!